Sunday, June 24, 2012

Loki Fanart

I know I just wrote several entries surrounding my decision to not make anime conventions a priority anymore, but that doesn't mean anime isn't apart of my life at all.

So, since the new movie "Thor" and the "Avengers", there has been an uprising of Loki fans - including myself. However, my love of Loki is nearly five years old and it started with the anime "Mythical Detective Loki: Ragnarok".

To quote Wikipedia on MDL:R (which summarizes things much better than I),

"Loki, the Norse god of mischief, has been exiled to the human world by the god Odin for reasons that he doesn't understand. Along with being exiled, Loki is forced to take the form of a human child, and the only way he can return to the realm of the gods is by collecting the evil auras which take over human hearts. In order to do this, he starts a detective agency which specializes in the paranormal. Loki is assisted by his loyal companion Yamino and the pair are soon joined by a human girl named Mayura who is manic for mysteries and often unwittingly assists him in catching the auras. As time passes, however, other Norse gods and characters appear, some of whom befriend Loki and others of whom are intent on assassinating him. Note: The manga is a good deal darker than the anime."


 I've cosplayed (poorly, but it happened) from MDL:R along with one of my friends (who did a very nice adult Loki). He's the one who introduced me to the series in the first place.

In honor of my roots in the fandom, I decided to draw a fanart of the two of them meeting =) Hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment